Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Kampfer Part5: More Engine and Head

My vision for this build is a stripped down Kampfer, so when it came to the head, I wanted to take off the back cowle so that the head had a meaner look. This missing peice means that I have to make sure that the guts of the head still looks good. Long ago, I had put an LED in the head, but over the years the parts went missing. So, I cut down the eye area and added some detail parts to construct a new eye assembly. Also, I had to add some details to the jowls to fill in some of the gaps.






I also added more detail to the engine parts by adding more pipes and mechanical pieces. I used part of a Zaku engine and more of the Tamiya detail to fill in more details. I was trying to find the ballance between too much detail and not enough. I think I acheived my goal and I am happy with the results so far.




Here are a couple of close-up veiws of the engine. I had a stoke of luck by adding a little gusset to the end of the main pipe. This gusset allows the cone to fit snuggly, also it make the cone removeable.


No comments:

Post a Comment