Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Kampfer Part6: Standstill

I am sorry to report that my Kampfer project is on hold indefinitely. A series of events has forced me to stop working on the kit for the time being, but hope to return to it as soon as possible. First and foremost, I continue to find that I am missing major parts of the kit. The kit has been kicked around for the last eight years, so I am not surprised to be missing a part here and there. The problem is that the missing part is one that is crucial to the completion of the project and I would not have started the build if I had know it was missing. I guess that I must have counted the same part twice, but I realized the mistake too far into the build. I have a plan to duplicate the missing part in resin but I have to wait until I can buy more supplies.
In addition to the part shortage, I am totally getting burned out on the kit. This was supposed to be a simple mental health project, but my vision keeps evolving and the build seems to gain complexity at every step. This is compounded by the fact that I just got a new job and am looking at an upcoming vacation. All in all, the Kampfer project seems more like a chore at this point than a relaxing hobby. All I have to say is that I want to complete the model and am determined to see my vision come alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment